Genius Gingerbread House Challenge
- Although our project is titled 'Genius Gingerbread House Challenge,' you are not limited to the structure of a house. You are welcome and encouraged to uniquely design your 'Genius Gingerbread House.'
- You will be sent a code to allow your students into the Google Classroom where they will be able to interact and collaborate with students from other schools as they work through the design and building of their gingerbread houses.
- Use the slide show below to access information about the project (click in the left corner of the pictures to activate the links).
- Have students start to think critically and creatively. This challenge can be content specific (giving students choice within a curricular area) or simply be about helping students identify their passions and interests for Genius Hour.
- Important dates are listed in the introduction linked above.
- Check back for lesson ideas and scaffolding!
Warren Hills and Franklin Elementary are using this project to scaffold students through the process of formulating and presenting a Genius Hour project. Genius Hour is how the inquiry process is taught in our libraries.